Grant of Ex-Gratia compensation
To the dependents of Defence
Personnel killed/disabled in
Government of Gujarat,
Resolution No WES-1089-24-F,
Dated the 7th November 1990
Read : Government Resolution, Home Department (Special) No. SB.II/MMM/4074/319 dated 28-10-1974.
R E S O L U T I O N
- The question of sanctioning Ex Gratia compensation to the dependents of the Defence Personnel killed/disabled in action and extension of these benefits to casualties occurring due to IS duties, IPAKF operation in Sri Lanka and Siachen operations were under the active consideration of Government for quite some time.
- Government is now pleased to fix an Ex-gratia compensation to the dependents of Defence Personnel killed/disabled in action as under :-
||Death/permanent disability to the members of Indian Armed Forces personnel (Officer or a Jawan of Army, Navy and Air Force).
||Partial disability to the members of Indian Armed Forces personnel (officer of a Jawan Of Army, Navy and Air Force)
- This benefit will be applicable to the defence personnel belonging to or domiciled in the State of Gujarat.
- This scale of Ex-gratia compensation will also be applicable to the casualties in war if there is action on anyother front in future.
- These orders also apply to the officers and men of the State Reserve Police Force, Central Reserve Police Force and Boarder Security Forces belonging to or domiciled in Gujarat.
- The expenditure on this account will be met from the Budget Head – “Demand No. 43 – M.H. 2235, Social Security and Welfare (2) Gujarat Rajya Sainik Board (3) Other expenditure.
- These orders are issued with the concurrence of Secretary (Exp) Finance Department vide his note dated the 28th July 1990 on this Department’s file of even number.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Gujarat.
(D J Pandian)
Deputy Secretary to the Government
Of Gujarat, Home Department,
- The Secretary to the Governor of Gujarat, Raj Bhavan, Gandhinagar (By letter).
- The Secretary to the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi (by letter).